Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fire! This is not a drill!

I saw a fire today at our co.op classes. A real fire. The building next to the youth center ( where we have classes) was on fire. A lady came running out with her baby yelling that her apartment was on fire. It was. The Smoke was pouring out of one of the upstairs windows and my teacher said she did see the flames. Two firetrucks complete with firemen, one ambulance, two volunteer firetrucks, and several cops took over the parking lot and kicked all the other cars out. I guess they took a hose in through the down stairs and up because water started shooting out the window. They ( the firemen ) started opening windows to let the remaining smoke out. I don't think anybody was hurt, the ambulance was not needed. All is well now.My Shakespeare class was delayed shortly while we watched them put it out. My hair smells like smoke now.

No comments: