Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Columbus Zoo

The Columbus zoo is known for being one of the best zoos in the country. I can do nothing but agree with that. We had a wonderful day there. And it was a perfect day for the zoo, sunny with a slight breeze that made the 85 degree temperature beyond bearable. Our favorite, by far, was the polar bears. It was so cool to be able to go underground and see them swim around. They looked like over sized teddy bears. They would sit on the glass directly above us and hop up and down. Another favorite would be the kangaroos. We got so close we could reach out and touch it but the zookeeper was standing there so we didn't. This one kangaroo was looking at me and every time I would move it would shift its head so it could see me better. I thought it was going to come over and kick me. We also saw lions and tigers and bears, oh my! And they had a manatee, who we named Barbra. Flying foxes are one of the reasons I don't live in Asia, they are giant bats (Almost the size of a fox). It was so relaxing to walk around not having anywhere we needed to be. No rush; a good day!

No comments: