Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ok So...

...this isn't the post that I said I was going to post in the last post. That has to do with hosta and flowers. It's harbored in my mind and most likely will be the next post. This one has to do with a bar in E-ville.

Yes, I went to a bar. Don't worry, I didn't drink anything, and I had my mother with me, which pretty much cancels out that we were even in a bar to begin with. It started back in Great valley, " Should we go in?..No lets not. But we drive right past it. We should stop. But I said I wouldn't go listen if he was playing in bars." These were the words of my mother trying to decide if we should stop and hear Stephen's band playing at the Double Diamond. It was the last time they played before all going back to school. We stopped. We entered. " Make way, shes here for a drink, and I don't blame her." I was not there for a drink and I shook my head to indicate no as a went the opposite direction. ( Stephen is the dark figure on the right) Around the third song a man extremely drunk started dancing or should I say flailing. More like aerobics gone bad. He continued for the whole song. Then he straitened up walked away and yelled " I love that tune!" I laughed really hard. The band sounded fabulous and very loud, it was a small room. We could only stay for about a half an hour because we were on the way to pick Spencer up. On the way out this guy stops me and says " You look really familiar, are you from Wales ( he meant in NY) ?" The music was too loud for me to hear him clearly but I got, my dad drives the bus, something about his niece, and a girl that looks just like me. He finished with "Sorry, you just looked so familiar." Honestly, if he wanted to talk to me he should have come up with something a little more original. I still can't get over it, "Are you from Wales?". I think I'll stay out of bars for awhile.

3 comments:

Miss Brenda said...

But did anyone try any pickup lines on your Mom?

Amanda said...

wish i would have been there...

Miss Brenda said...

Still.....waiting.....for.......hostas......