Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Success

My hen accepted the new peeps with no problem. We snuck them in under the cover of night, so when she woke up in the morning there they were. They love her as their mother. She showed them how to eat this afternoon, they liked that. The other chickens are in the new coop now so the peeps have the old one to themselves. I could use some help with names for the new hens ( I have Fin, Reaper, Pepper, D.A., and Shorty.) and with the chicks ( I have Sophie.).

My old hen and rooster are kind of getting along with the new hens. The two roosters still have some issues, but they are working them out. Squirt is three times the size of Shorty so its obvious who is going to come out on top. Gwen is doing fine, in a few more days everything will be all smoothed out.

No comments: