Monday, July 20, 2009

Hatched

21 days ago I put some eggs in my incubator, this morning they started to hatch.
So far there are three chicks. The one I took pictures of was born at 2:15 this afternoon. I have three more eggs in the incubator, hopefully they will all hatch. Its very hard to get good pictures through the little window on top and we can't open it until the chickies have dried or they will get too cold. I'll have better pictures when they are ready to be held. We are planing to put the chicks out with one of my hens who has gone broody, she should be able to take care of them. The new coop is almost done, just have to fix the water problem and we're all set.

2 comments:

Miss Brenda said...

I know a chicken,and she laid an egg...
Love the pics of your shakey egg. They were worth the effort. Thanks for sharing.

Abi said...

truly disgusting and amazing.