Saturday, May 30, 2009

What Next? It Can't Get Any Worse!

The yearbook is done!!!!!! The pain it caused me, the headaches it caused me, they are all gone. I washed my hands of its madness. This yearbook was evil, nothing seemed to go right...ever. First, no one would give me pictures, I asked but to no avail. Almost the entire book is made up of the pictures I took. And then there are the family pages, no one would give me them. I set a deadline then I set a new deadline, people ignored them. Not days but weeks, months after the third deadline I was still waiting. I couldn't just put it together and print it because the families make up more than 50% of the book. It would have been stupid. I told them all, it was in the new letter, they knew. I was only able to get about 50% of the families to even make a page. They had plenty of time. In previous years people would turn in their pages as a hard copy( picture glued to a piece of paper). It was easy then, I just had to put them in the order I wanted a that was it. This year however, I got them in every evil way, email, disk, hard copy. Every single disk was in a different format, I spent half my life trying to get them in a format I could use. Printing them all out was a nightmare. I finally got everything in the right order ready to go to the printer. I put some of the pages on a disk to see if she could print them that was, she couldn't. I had to print them all out too. Took in to the printers, and she said it would be done tomorrow. When we went to get it, it was wrong. I wanted to cry. She had gotten the pages in the wrong order. We were able saved several pages but she had to do it again. When we want to get it the seconded time, it was WRONG. We gave up and said that this is how its going to be wrong or not. As we are delivering them we realized that we were two books short. They were for the people that didn't send in their order forms but had said that they wanted one, we add how many books we needed by the amount of order forms we had. It made me so mad. Thankfully I'm not doing the yearbook next year. Or the year after that. I done with it.

No comments: