Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Common Quest for Algae

We have been visiting ponds lately. Now we have two salamanders and an unknown amount of tadpoles in a tank on our counter. And like all animals, they must eat. Tadpoles eat algae. We have visited so many ponds and have found very little algae at any of them. The algae that we do manage to locate and put in our tank dies. Now the tadpole are starting to die too.Well anyway, what does this have to do with a picture of a cow? Absolutely nothing, he was just so cute and I have no story to go along with him. Back to algae, you would think that with 75% of the earths oxygen coming from algae (one thing I will never forget from biology) there would be more of it, and we would be able to find some.(Tadpoles swimming in a small puddle)
Oh no, finding algae is harder than it sounds.
I was trying to make this post interesting, I think I failed.

No comments: