Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Take a Nap Wherever You Please

I think yesterday was Saint Patrick's day, or maybe it is today, I don't know, either way I didn't wear green. I wore a pale purple yesterday and black today. Please forgive me for my unholidayish manner of dress. Well, yesterday was a beautiful day, so after our sign language class ( I can now sign 'my neighbor ate my pie and now he is my enemy.') we went for a quick drive around Red House Lake. There is still a thin layer of ice on the lake but that is melting quickly. As we drove past the bath house I saw something up in a tree close to the road. Unsure, it took me a second to identify it as a raccoon. Of course, I made them stop and go back. And sure enough, it was a coon. Sleeping, out in the open, right next to the road! I have never seen a raccoon during the day sleeping like that. It was odd. And the little guy never woke up while we were there. I had Spencer run over real quick to get a better picture than what I was getting from the car. The coon never moved, and he was standing almost right underneath it. We weren't even being quiet. I guess when you gotta sleep you gotta sleep. Personally I would be afraid of falling out of the tree while I was sleeping.

3 comments:

mon@rch said...

Just snoozing in the tree . . great photos Sarah!

Abi said...

Oh to sleep so peacefully :) Never thought I'd be envious of a coon.

GMG said...

He's rabid run, or wheel, for your life.