Sunday, February 15, 2009

Technology is Only as Good as its Batteries

I ran out of batteries today in almost every technological thing I own. It was so sad, it made me want to cry. My phone died in mid text. My camera was dead even before I left home and I didn't know that. On the day you need them most, naturally they are gone.


We went for a lovely Sunday drive around Allegany state park , it was so beautiful there today. And all I had was my mother's cell phone to get pics with and it was dying too. So sad. We drove around the lake. Saw some ice fishers (they would have made a great pic, figures silhouetted against the snow) Anyhow, on the way home we were detained by a helicopter sitting in the road. Sorry about the picture being fuzzy, I added an arrow. There had been an accident somewhere and there were air lifting someone out. Apparently the only place for them to land was on the road. We waited for about twenty- thirty minutes before they took off.




Our guess is a snowmobile accident.
My camera was able to get one good picture (you have to take out the battery, and then put it back in really quickly and take the pic). I will never let the batteries die again...ever!

1 comment:

mon@rch said...

Wasn't it beautiful in the park today? Sorry to hear about your equipment being battery less! Also, didn't know about Star Flight coming . . . I hope the person they had to take out is alright!