Friday, August 9, 2013

Yellowstone

We got up at the crack of dawn, or before, I wasn't awake enough to tell. But we were dressed and leaving the house by six. We arrived at the park a bit after eight. The day was full of sight seeing and fun. I was able to cross some animals of my mental animal to see list. Two of which were pelicans, and a wolf. Both of these were extremely exciting because I have never seen either of these in the wild before.
 At first we thought the wolf of a bear, I guess I never realized how big a wolf really is. He was eating was looked to be a elk or bison, it was hard to tell because he was standing in a creek. He was pretty far away but we could see him through binoculars. It was very cool.
Yellowstone is a beautiful place!
It was windy and when old faithful went off we got a face full of geyser water.
We saw beautiful waterfalls, geysers, hot springs, canyons, and a wonderful sunset over the lake. On the way back we were able to see the Milky Way and the biggest shooting star ever.
It was a perfect day!

No comments: