Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Sugar Cookie Disaster

Day 8

This year I decided to make sugar cookies. I have never made them before so this was a first for me. All was going well and I spent an entire day rolling, cutting, and baking. I had it on good authority that they tasted wonderful, no disaster there. The first tragedy hit while the cookies were cooling, objects fell from the cupboard and landed on my cookies, breaking several. It was sad. But I had made a double batch so it wasn't really a big deal. I had places to be so I didn't have time to frost them in the same day, so after they cooled I put them in bags and left them sit on the counter. As I was away, I received this text:

Today will be known as the great sugar cookie disaster of 2011. Two year olds, old dogs, and sugar cookies don't mix.

In short, red head number three climbed onto the counter and feed more than half my cookies to the dog. Needless to say, I was not happy. It was truly sad. I frosted the unharmed cookie but as they were being carried from our dining room to the kitchen, they were dropped on the floor, resulting in more broken cookies. I didn't wont that many sugar cookies anyway (sarcasm). But I have to say the survivors look pretty darn good.

2 comments:

Miss Brenda said...

How is the dog feeling? Somehow your disaster makes me feel better about never even starting the sugar cookies. This year I even bought colored sugar...
Your's look wonderful.

Amanda said...

i am impressed with your cookies! they look awesome!