Friday, July 8, 2011

Commission Work

I had and completed my first real commission work! It was a big step in my being able to sell my art. I sold this piece for $450 which is a steal considering it is nine feet long. But it was for a friend and he got the you-are-my-friend discount. But really I was afraid that everyone would hate me for overcharging. That is just something I need to get over. I'm happy about it though. This particular piece has deep meaning and I had a lot of fun painting it. It was defiantly different from anything I have ever done (if you look closely you can see a dove in the white and hands in the red). I am now back to my original style. Though, painting abstractly I believe has helped me simplify things a bit. Aunt Minnie- If you read my blog and I hope you do, I have started your beach painting. And just so you know, you will receive the I-love-you discount.

...
Just so everyone else knows the discounts will not last forever. Haha, I cant stop thinking about Flo from the Progressive commercials. Do you own a home? DISCOUNT! Are you a safe driver? DISCOUNT! I will get over the fear of overcharging.

3 comments:

Minnie said...

Oh-so excited! It looks great-can't wait to see it. I think the I Love You rate gets you some time at the beach house. Check it out on the VRBO.com website #361564

Miss Brenda said...

I checked out the beach house, Min. How much do you love your sister? Or maybe I could go the same week you go, Flo! Actually, Minnie could have been named Flo since she was named after her Grandmothers.

Amanda said...

both these paintings look so great! you are so very talented :) and the beach house looks pretty sweet as well...