Monday, June 28, 2010

Cherry Picking

I have never been cherry picking before and I absolutely love cherries trees! And I love eating cherries even more. I really didn't pick very many myself because cherries grow in trees that are much taller than me. I was able to get the ones that were low enough for me to reach. Most of the time I just faked it so it looked like I was helping and Samantha could get a picture of me picking for the first time.
We picked 30 some pounds of delicious cherries. And I made a pie. Its the first cherry pie I have ever made and I think that it came out rather nicely. It bubbled over a little because my cherries were so fresh and juicy.
Mmmm...we ate it warm with vanilla ice cream.

3 comments:

Miss Brenda said...

When Gram Lane would take us cherry picking, we ate as many as we picked, and she would threaten us that they would weigh us going into the orchard and weigh us coming out and charge us for all the cherries we ate. Cherries here are $5.00 a pound--a big deterent to eating too many. Enjoy. Plus-awesome pie... you must have gotten that from your Dad's side of the family!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I made my first pie with pap. It was a frozen one and the only thing you had to do was warm it up.

nancyann said...

The crispers are once again filled with vegetables. I am working on eating the last bowl of cherries. They need to be picked over very carefully.