Sunday, April 11, 2010

Today I Went Fishing

And I caught six fish. Five bluegills and one pumpkin seed, tiny little things. I even put my own worms on. But it took me to the fifth fish to be able to extract the hook from the fish's mouths. Mom took two off and Spencer did the other two. As he is trying to removing a hook from a particularly wiggly fish Spencer asks "Why do we do this to ourselves? We don't like fish, we don't like the smell of fish, we don't like to eat fish, and we hate putting the worms on the hooks and getting worm guts on us. So why are we fishing?" Maybe we should ask the nutcracker (He'll be doing a bunch of things with us this year.)? We are not serious fisher and we get strange looks from the other fishers, its obviously because we don't drive a truck or ware John Deer hats. We never take the fish home because we don't like fish so we put them back. I would say that nobody fell in but...Mom says its for the memories.

1 comment:

Miss Brenda said...

Memories? The nutcracker needs to visit Why-oming. Please bring him.