Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bat!!

We had a bat in our house last night. We were in the living room watching a movie and it decided to grace us with its presence. I hate bats more than I hate spiders and my hatred for them is oh so strong. Needless to say, I fled the room followed closely by Samantha who had started screaming. We stopped in the kitchen, thinking we were safe out there. Oh no, not at all, it came with us and we were forced to go outside. So there we were outside (where there were probably more bats ), Samantha had a blanket wrapped around her and I had a pillow on my head, just in case. While we hid outside Spencer and Mom were inside trying to catch the little beast, who had now reentered the living room. Spencer clad in a sweater, work gloves, a winter hat, and carrying a broom. Mom armed with a butterfly net. From out side we heard Spencer's screams and a chorus of "Where did it go...there it is....get it....don't drop your net....run!!" They finally got it and brought it outside (I went inside) It was released and is now gone.

No comments: