Monday, October 17, 2011

A Wedding

Last week I went to my friends wedding. It was wonderful! I was so happy I cried. The wedding had a theme of country casual (cowboy boots and jeans) and I had nothing to fit the bill. So I went shopping with the thought that it was going to be difficult. I thought I had prepared myself enough but I was wrong. I got so frustrated I almost cried. Why am I such a weird shape? In one brand they fit around the waist but weren't long enough. When I found a pair that were long enough they didn't fit around my waist. One size was too small but the next size up was too big. Then I found a pair that fit both around my waist and were long enough but there were too big through the hips. This went on through four different stores. And what I thought would be a quick run to the store turned into a all day affair. The shoes were worse. I really wanted a nice pair of boots, they didn't have to be cowboy boots, just boots. But no, nothing can be easy. To cut that story short I wore a pair I already had. I finally gave up on the pants and on the way out of the store a grabbed a nice looking pair off the rack and bought them without even trying them on. I didn't know if they would fit or not I was just so sick of pants at that point I didn't care. The next day I tried them on and they fit perfectly! If I had know that was how it was going to work I would have randomly bought stuff in the first place and saved myself the trouble. In the end it didn't matter, I had such a good time at the wedding that not once did I ever think about what I was wearing.

1 comment:

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

I think I enjoy shopping just about as much as you do! The pictures I've seen from the wedding are beautiful and I just loved their theme!!
Kim