Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cooking for Seven

This weekend my mother has been out of town. I have been doing all the cooking. I really did not have to cook, I sure that my grandmother would be more than happy to but I thought it would be good for me. I am cooking for seven people. Mom did the shopping before she left but do not dwell on that. Dwell on the fact that I am cooking for seven people! I have cooked rather simple things, starting with pizza. From there I moved on to spaghetti and meatballs and banana pudding for desert. Next, pancakes for breakfast. Mac and cheese with hot dogs for lunch. Supper was leftover spaghetti, mac and cheese, and meatballs, I added biscuits ( I may have burned the biscuits but don't tell anyone.) I have a new appreciation for the mothers of this world. Especially my mother, thanks mom. But I can't help but feel a tad bit proud of myself.

2 comments:

nancyann said...

Now that I know that you know you can cook for 7 people, I will be going away more frequently on weekends. You did a great job and I too are proud of you.

Minnie said...

Wow-I am impressed and also proud of you!! Now we can do more sister's weekends and you have your family covered.