Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Today I almost crashed my car into a guardrail.

It rained all night and snowed all morning. Wet snow. I was on my way to work. I don't really have to go to work because I work at home but I go for hotdog day. Spencer was with me. We stopped at family dollar (which is new in town) so Spencer could get me my late birthday present. It was a ice scarper, I didn't have one so I was happy. We were back on the road several miles out of town when it happened. A truck past and I began to slid. I believe I had put the breaks on slightly, it was a big truck. There is something about sliding sideways down the road that is NOT calming in anyway possible. I completed my slid with a perfect 180 ending up in the opposite lane pointing in the opposite direction. I did not hit the guardrail. Spencer thought it was awesome. I did not think it was awesome. I drove home going much slower than I was when I left. I did not go to work and I did not collected my $200 dollars. I will be staying home for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Miss Brenda said...

Quick thinking to snap the picture when you had come to a rest instead of during the spin cycle.

Anonymous said...

That sounded scary, alright. I'm glad you avoided that one! Getting into an accident is always a nerve-wracking experience. It's a good thing you didn't have to deal with the aftermath, such as hiring lawyers for legal compensation or anything.

Carter Wolden Curtis, LLP