Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgivings

We had an early Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family. We went down to my uncles house and I drove all five hours (that deserves a post of its own)! When everyone was there we actually ate hotdogs and hamburgers. We had the turkey later on. The ambulance was called, football was watched, and the moons were full. And to top it all off we went to the basket warehouse and I bought ceramic mushrooms, I'm very excited about them.
Dad had his traditional nap. This year he had company.

Then we had our family Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving. I ate much more than was good for me but so did everyone else, hence is was justified. Everybody laughed at me when I said that the table reminded me of the ocean. Well, not really the ocean as much as a captain's cabin on an old pirate ship. The food was good. As was everything else. We played scrabble, which Stephen's girlfriend Jaimie beat everyone. I kept score instead of actually playing. We then played dominion, its a lot of fun and there is no way to describe it, so I wont. Give thanks in all things.

1 comment:

Miss Brenda said...

Hey, would you send me all the pictures you have of your dad holiday napping? I have his name for Christmas and I think I could put together a great coffee table book :) I do think this is one of the best. Love and miss you.