Thursday, May 13, 2010

All Aboard

Well, I'm back from the big apple, New York City is so big. We had a wonderful time doing wonderful things, which I will share with you over the course of several posts (its too much to put in one). I'll start with our train ride. I've never been on a train before so it was exciting. We arrived at the station in Middletown a little before ten in the morning . We had to wait. Then the train pulled in. There was an elevated platform for me to use, however there was still a large gap between it and the train. They have this little ramp thing that they call the bridge plate to bridge the gap. It's scary, only having a thin piece of metal between you and the tracks. I held my breath on the way across. The conductor guy looked like a conductor, he even had the hole puncher. But he didn't yell all aboard when we got on, it was a little disappointing. At one point in our trip all the lights went out in the train, it was a little frightening, but as I looked around the everyday train riders didn't seem to notice or care so it must happen often. We caught our first glimpse of the city.We had to switch trains in Secaucus. It was a bigger train and a smoother ride. It travel either underground or in a tunnel so there wasn't much to see. When we exited the train we were under the city. As I recall the elevator up smelled really bad.
We then stepped into the city.

2 comments:

Miss Brenda said...

Who were you with? Why were you there? More, more...we need more.

Miss Brenda said...

We too were amazed how much the trains in New York look just like trains in the movies. I even took pictures of the conductor with his hat and punch.